|Richard Sax's Whipped Cream Pound Cake |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
Whipped Cream Pound Cake
- 2 cups all purpose flour (9 ounces) - - be sure to aerate it
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A few drops of almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10 inch tube pan or spray with flour-added cooking spray.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat cream until thick, then set aside.
- Beat eggs until foamy. Beat in sugar, vanilla and almond extract. Stir in flour mixture until blended. Fold in whipped cream. Bake in tube pan for about 45-50 minutes. Turn from pan.
I've never tried this with cake flour, but I I think it would be even better with 8 oz (2 1/4 cup) of cake flour.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2006/01/richard-saxs-whipped-cream-pound-cake/