Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 1 ounce active dry yeast, weigh or estimate with packets (about 3 T.)
- 1 1/3 cups warm water (110°F)
- 5 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add melted butter, sugar and eggs. Using dough hook of electric mixer, beat on medium speed until well blended. Add dry milk, and salt; mix well. Add flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing until dough begins to pull away from side of bowl.
- Lightly grease top of dough with oil. Cover loosely and let rise in warm place 1 hour or until doubled in size. (I transferred my dough to a big glass bowl greased with olive oil).
- Lightly grease 12 medium muffin cups (sprayed).
- Punch dough down. Divide dough evenly into 12 pieces. Divide each piece into 3 balls and place in muffin cup. (This part was fun, which meant I got the dough right. It wasn’t too sticky nor too dry).
- Let rise in warm place 1 hour. Before baking, you may want to brush tops with some extra butter – not necessary, but it looks nice and adds a little more flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serves 12
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/02/cloverleaf-rolls/