Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 9 mins
Total time: 19 mins
Chocolate Snickerdoodles are chocolate cookies rolled in cinnamon sugar.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup natural unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- In large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in vanilla and eggs. Add flour mixture and stir, do not beat, until mixed.
- Combine the 2 tablespoon sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon to make cinnamon sugar. Shape dough into 1" balls; roll balls in sugar-cinnamon mixture. Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6-9 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheets immediately. (I baked mine for 8).
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/02/chocolate-snickerdoodles/