|Blueberry Honey Nut Bread |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 70 mins
Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
Quick bread made with blueberries and ntus
- 2 1/2 cups (11.25 oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup toasted walnuts or pecans
- 1 3/4 cups frozen blueberries (or fresh, depending on season)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan (mine was slightly smaller) with flour-added cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large mixing bowl using a hand-held mixer, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in the lemon zest and vanilla, then beat in the honey and the water. At this point the mixture should look kind of curdled and strange. Continue beating and scraping sides of the bowl, then beat in the eggs, one by one until mixed. By hand, gradually add the flour mixture stirring until it’s mixed (If you’re using a stand mixer with a paddle, you can do this with the paddle set on low, but I wouldn’t advise doing it with low speed of a hand mixer because you might accidentally over-beat).
- Stir in the nuts, and then the frozen berries. Pour mixture into the pan and bake on center rack for 70 minutes, shielding top with foil during the last 20 minutes to keep it from browning too much. Let the bread cool for several hours, then remove it from the pan and slice.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/11/blueberry-honey-nut-bread/