|Giant White Chunk Macadamia Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 11 mins
Total time: 21 mins
Chewy cookies with white chips, coconut and macadamia nuts.
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (reduce to 1/2 if using salted butter)
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 oz) unsalted butter -- softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 package white chocolate chips -- (12 ounce)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3/4 to 1 cup macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the flour, baking powder& soda& salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter, both sugars and vanilla until creamy and smooth. Add the egg and beat until mixed.
- By hand or using lowest speed of the mixer, add the flour mixture. Stir in the chips, coconut and nuts.
- Drop the dough onto ungreased or parchment cookie sheets by rounded tablespoonfuls (don't grease with spray or butter or the cookies may spread).
- Bake for 8-11 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- Let cookies cool for 2 minutes before removing to cool on rack.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2006/01/giant-white-chunk-macadamia-cookies/