|Small Batch Gluten Free Brownies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Brownies without flour
- 1/3 cup white rice flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided use
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the inside of 9×5 inch baking pan non-stick foil.
- Stir together the rice flour, tapioca flour and salt; set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. When butter starts to melt and coats pan bottom, add unsweetened chocolate and reduce heat to low. Stir constantly until chocolate is melted. Add 1/2 cup of the sugar to melted chocolate and stir over low heat for about 40 seconds. Remove chocolate mixture from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer (hand-held or stand okay), beat eggs for a full 2 minute or until foamy and light. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup of sugar to eggs and continue beating for another minute.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold a small amount (about 1/3 cup) of the egg mixture into the warm chocolate mixture, then fold the lightened chocolate into the bowl with the egg mixture. Stir in the rice/tapioca flour/salt mixture, being careful not to over-mix. Pour into pan and bake for 25-28 minutes or until top is set. Let cool completely. Transfer to refrigerator and chill for a few hours or overnight. Lift from pan and cut.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/12/small-batch-gluten-free-brownies-2/