|Holiday Chocolate Truffles |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
An easy holiday truffle recipe from start pastry chef Chef Jean-Philippe Maury
- 11 oz. Dark Chocolate (58 % Cacao minimum), divided use
- 2/3 Cup Heavy Cream
- Zest of 1 Orange (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Grand Marnier Liqueur (or Kahlua)
- 5 oz. Cocoa powder for dusting
- Finely chop 8 ounces of the chocolate and put in a bowl.
- Combine the orange zest and the heavy cream in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Strain the orange infused cream over the chocolate and let it set for one minute. Stir gently with a whisk (do not beat or you’ll incorporate air), starting in the center and working your way to the edge, until the ganache is smooth. Stir in the liqueur if using.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and let set at room temperature until thick enough to hold its shape, approximately 2 hours.
- Using a pastry bag with a 3/8-inch opening tip OR using a small cookie scoop (in which case the truffles will be much larger), pipe or scoop mounds (about 3/4 inch high and 3/4 inch wide if piping) on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining 3 ounces of chocolate. With gloves on, coat the palm of your hands with melted chocolate and gently coat each chilled truffle. Immediately toss the coated truffles in chocolate powder with a fork.
- Store the truffles inside an airtight box at room temperature.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/12/holiday-chocolate-truffles/