|Julia Waldbaum's Marmalade Nut Bread |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hour
An easy recipe for bread made with orange marmalade
- 2 1/2 cups (11.8 oz) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8x4 or two 9x5 inch loaf pan. For a larger loaf, just use one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the toasted walnuts and stir well.
- In a second bowl, mix together the egg, marmalade, orange juice and oil. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir gently until mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake on center rack for 50 minutes to 1 hour. My small loaves took 50 minutes, so I imagine one large would take 1 hour.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/12/julia-waldbaums-marmalade-nut-bread/