|Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Meringues |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
A meringue cookie made with Splenda
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend or 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 ounces hazelnuts -- toasted and coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment or Silpat.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla and brown sugar blend or brown sugar. Fold in nuts and chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drop dough on paper with a rounded teaspoon. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheet. If you'd prefer a crispier cookie, turn off heat in oven and let cookies sit in closed oven for a while. These freeze very well.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2006/01/hazelnut-chocolate-chip-meringues/