|Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 60 mins
Cook time: 14 mins
Total time: 1 hour 14 mins
Big chocolate chip cookies with crispy edges and chewy centers. Great for bake sales.
- 2 1/4 cups (10.1) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 14 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, warm but not hot
- 2 tablespoons your favorite vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Guittard extra dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Don’t preheat the oven yet because the dough requires chilling and freezing.
- Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda together and set aside.
- Mix eggs, vanilla and salt in a second bowl; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix both sugars, melted butter and oil. Add egg mixture and stir just until mixed, then add flour mixture and stir just until mixed. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Scoop the batter into sections of equal size and put them on a parchment lined plate or cookie sheet. Put them in the freezer for about an hour or until frozen.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Working in half batches, place 8 frozen dough balls onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake on center rack until set, but not brown, 8 to 10 minutes (if you’ve made the dough sections smaller, bake 5 minutes). Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Continue to bake until cookies are golden-brown around the edges and lightly brown on the top, about 8 to10 minutes longer. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet.
Prep time includes the stint in the freezer.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/?p=15561