|Crunchy Cranberry Granola |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
An easy granola recipe from Fisher Nuts
- 1/3 cup canola oil (or any other vegetable oil)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon molasses (or use two and omit the extra T. of maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1/2 cup Fisher® Chef’s Naturals Walnuts Halves and Pieces, coarsely chopped -- I used 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup Fisher® Chef’s Naturals Sliced Almonds -- I used 3/4 cup
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds -- omitted
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted sunflower seeds -- omitted
- 1/4 cup Fisher® Dried Sweetened Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large heavy rimmed baking sheet or jelly roll pan with non-stick foil or parchment.
- In small bowl combine oil, maple syrup, molasses, almond extract and cinnamon; stir well.
- In large mixing bowl combine oats, walnuts, coconut, almonds, pumpkin seeds (if using), and sunflower seeds (if using). Slowly pour maple syrup mixture over at mixtures; toss to coat.
- Spread oat mixture evenly onto pan. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown; stirring halfway through baking. For clumpier granola, don't stir -- just press it down into a thin sheet, let it cool completely, and break into chunks
- Remove from oven; cool slightly. Stir in cranberries; cool completely.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/01/crunchy-cranberry-granola/