|Small Batch Chocolate Chip Maple Muffins |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 22 mins
Total time: 32 mins
Whole grain muffin recipe with maple syrup and chocolate chips
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons golden flaxseeds, ground after measuring
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 scant teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 6 muffin cups with flour-added cooking spray or line with paper liners
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a second bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk the maple syrup, yogurt, egg, oil and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture and stir until incorporated, then stir in the chocolate chips. Pour into cups and bake on center rack for 18 to 22 minutes.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/01/chocolate-chip-maple-muffins/