|Weekend Tip: How to Make Self-Rising Flour and Cake Flour |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 1 min
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 2 mins
Self-Rising Flour and Cake Flour Substitute
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour minus 2 Tablespoons **plus**
- 2 Tablespoons of Cornstarch
- To make self-rising flour, mix 1 cup all-purpose flour with 1 1/4 teaspoons baking power and 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Total weight of 1 cup should be 4.5 oz.
- To make cake flour, take one cup of cake flour and discard 2 tablespoons so that you have 1 cup cake flour minus 2 tablespoons. Replace the two tablespoons of missing flour with cornstarch. The total weight of the 1 cup should now be 4 oz.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/03/weekend-tip-how-to-make-self-rising-flour/