|Carrot Cake Cookies with Pineapple Cream Cheese Filling |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Carrot Cake Cookies with Pineapple Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots, squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces butter, room temp
- 1 cup powdered sugar (plus more if desired)
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained and pressed dry
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with foil.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter with sugar until creamy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla, then stir in carrots and raisins.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon) together, then add them to the creamed mixture, stirring just until mixed.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls (if you have a medium cookie scoop, it works well) on to the sheets. Sprinkle pecans over half of the cookies.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool on sheets for a while. When completely cool, sandwich 2 cookies together with the cream cheese filling. Use a pecan topped cookie for the top cookie.
- Beat the cream cheese, gradually adding the butter. Beat until smooth. Sift in sugar. Beat well. Add pineapple and vanilla. Rub cream cheese frosting over the bottom of half of the cookies and use the remaining cookies to top the sandwiches.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/03/1590/