|Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins with Coconut Oil |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins with Coconut Oi
- 4 tablespoons good quality coconut oil (60 grams)
- 2/3 cups sugar, evaporated cane juice crystals, or packed coconut palm sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 7 1/2 oz canned pumpkin (210 grams) – not quite a cup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour (160 grams)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sliced almonds for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line 6 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat the coconut oil and whatever type sugar you’ve chosen until mixed. Add the eggs, pumpkin and vanilla and beat until smooth..
- Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt together into a medium bowl, then stir that mixture into the pumpkin mixture until blended.
- Divide batter between the 6 muffin cups (it should come up to the top and will be thick enough to heap on) and sprinkle tops with sliced almonds.
- Bake at 375 for 23-25 minutes. Allow muffins to cool in pan, then lift from pan.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/01/whole-wheat-pumpkin-muffins-with-coconut-oil/