|Half Dozen Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
An easy muffin recipe made with half whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar or your favorite sugar alternative
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus 1 tbsp.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt (use slightly less if using salted butter)
- 1 1/3 cups frozen blueberries, no need to thaw
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a six muffin cups with paper liners. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, vanilla and sugar together with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and stir until blended, then stir in the milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flours, baking powder, and salt. Stir it into the butter and sugar mixture, then stir in the frozen blueberries, being careful not to squash them (if they're frozen, they'll be fine!). Fill the muffin cups almost to the top and bake for 25 minutes, or until light brown. Makes 6 muffins.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/02/half-dozen-whole-wheat-blueberry-muffins/