|Italian Spiced Pita Chips |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Italian Spiced Pita Chips are triangles of pita bread that are brushed with oil and seasoned with spices and cheese.
- 2 pita pockets (4 halves that are pockets)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Small pinch granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with nonstick foil.
- Split the 4 pita halves so that you have 8 semi-circles, rough side up.
- Mix together the olive oil and all the spices (garlic powder through sugar). Brush the olive oil mixture evenly over the semi-circles. Stack 4 at a time and cut into thirds so that you have 24 triangles. Arrange on the baking sheet, split side up, and sprinkle grated parmesan cheese evenly over the chips.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Makes 24
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/02/italian-spiced-pita-chips/