|Penne with Roasted Asparagus |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
An easy pasta dish made with fresh asparagus and pasta.
- 1 pound thin asparagus
- 4 teaspoons of good extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 7 ounces of penne pasta
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Ground pepper to taste
- Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus and cut each on the diagonal into 3 smaller pieces. Toss asparagus with 2 teaspoons of the oil, salt and pepper.
- Lay aparagus on a tray and bake at 400 for 8 to 10 minutes or just until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook penne in a large pot of salted boiling water. Drain.
- In a large (12 inch works well) sauté pan, bring the chicken broth and lemon juice to a simmer.
- Add the drained pasta and simmer on low for about 5 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
- Toss in the remaining olive oil, roasted asparagus, Parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper.
Adapted from California Treasures by the Junior League of Fresno
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/03/penne-with-roasted-asparagus/