|Inception Cookies (Vegan and Non-Vegan) |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Oreo cookies stuffed inside chocolate chip cookies and baked in a muffin cup.
- 56 grams (1/4 cup) drained applesauce (from 114 grams or ½ cup)
- 1 stick (114 grams) Earth Balance stick
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup (126 grams/4.5 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 scant teaspoon salt
- 40 grams oats, quick cooking or old fashioned
- 1/2 cup vegan approved chocolate chips
- 6 Oreo Cookies
- Drain the applesauce if you haven’t already. To do that, just spread ½ cup on a stack of paper towels and let the towels soak up the extra moisture. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the Earth Balance until creamy. Beat in the sugar, brown sugar and vanilla, then beat in the applesauce.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together in a separate bowl, then add to the batter and stir until mixed. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips. Chill the dough until it's easy enough to handle, then divide it into 6 parts and wrap each part around an Oreo.
- Spray 6 paper muffin cups with cooking spray or use the foil type and skip the spray. Put the dough wrapped cookies in cups, set the cups in a muffin tin and bake at 350 for 17-20 minutes or until cookies appear set and the edges are nicely browned. Let cool completely. I actually like cooling and chilling briefly before removing the muffin paper.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/03/inception-cookies-vegan-and-non-vegan/