|Deluxe 8 Inch Pan Brownies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Brownies that are neither too cakey nor too fudgy
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 3/8 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup extra dark chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped and toasted walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line an 8 inch square metal pan with nonstick foil.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan or in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the salt, chocolate and coffee Reduce heat to low, and stir until melted. Remove from heat and allow it to cool slightly.
- Beat eggs on high speed of an electric mixer. Gradually add sugar and vanilla, beating 3 minutes or until thick and pale.
- Add chocolate mixture to egg mixture, beating until blended. Gradually add flour, stirring just until blended.
- Stir in chocolate morsels and walnuts (if using). Pour into the pan and bake on center rack at at 375° for 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack for about an hour, then transfer to refrigerator and chill for another hour or two or until very cold. Lift foil with brownies out of pan. Cut brownies into squares.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/03/deluxe-8-inch-pan-brownies/