Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
An each make-ahead appetizer.
- Artichoke Squares
- 2 (6 oz.) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs (I used “Zesty”)
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco or Tapatio sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups grated or shredded cheddar cheese (Swiss would be great!)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Rub a 7x11 inch baking dish (I used a Pyrex casserole dish) with butter or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large non-stick skillet, combine onions, garlic and about a little of the marinade from the artichokes -- you could use a couple of teaspoons of oil, but I found the artichokes had enough oil on them already. Saute onions, garlic and chopped artichokes for about 5 minutes or until onions are soft and slightly browned
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork. Stir in crumbs, salt, oregano, Tabasco (or Tapatio), salt and black pepper, then stir in the cheese, parsley, artichoke and onion garlic mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool, then chill for a few hours or until very cold.
- Before serving, cut into tiny squares (about 36) and arrange squares on a foil lined baking sheet. Heat at 400 degrees F. for about 5 minutes or until warm. Serve in mini cupcake liners.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/04/artichoke-squares/