|Sweet & Salty Peanut Bars |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
An easy bar cookie of granola, oats, peanut butter and white chocolate.
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted or salted butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granola
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8 inch square metal pan with foil and spray foil with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse the peanuts to chop. Add the white chips and pulse them with the peanuts. Set the mixture aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the corn syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, peanut butter, oats and granola, then stir in the peanut/white chip mixture, stirring just until chips begin to melt. Pour the mixture in the pan and press down with the back of a spatula. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool, then transfer to the refrigerator. Chill for about an hour, then lift from the pan and cut into 8 or 16 bars.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/04/sweet-salty-peanut-bars-2/