|Chocolate Chip Oreo Brownie Bars |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Bar cookies made with chocolate chip cookie dough, Oreos, and brownie batter. This recipe makes an 8 inch square pan, so double it if you want to make a 9x13 inch pan.
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (5 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 9 Double Stuff Oreos
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 inch square metal baking pan with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Cream the butter with the brown and granulated sugar. Beat in the vanilla and egg and beat just until the egg is mixed, then beat in the salt and baking soda. By hand, stir in the flour until it is incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips. Press dough into the bottom of the pan as evenly as possible. Press 9 whole Oreos directly into the dough.
- Wash out the mixing bowl. Add the cocoa powder and oil and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth; stir in the flour. Spread this batter over the Oreos. Bake on the center rack at 350 for 38 to 40 minutes or until brownies appear set and edges are puffed up. Unfortunately, the toothpick test doesn’t really work here. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, chill the brownies for about 2 or 3 hours. Lift from pan and cut into 16 squares.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/04/chocolate-chip-oreo-brownie-bars/