|Fudge Brownies With Golden Syrup |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Golden syrup (or corn syrup) makes these brownies slightly chewy. They're perfect for wrapping and selling at bake sales or carrying along on picnics.
- 1 cup all purpose or white whole wheat flour (128 grams)
- 2 tablespoons European Style cocoa powder (30 ml)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (pinch)
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut up (114 grams)
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature (1 stick) – 114 grams
- 1 cup granulated sugar (198 grams)
- 1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar, lightly packed (100 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (5 ml)
- 1/3 cup golden syrup or corn syrup (80 ml)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 inch square metal pan with foil and spray foil with cooking spray.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate in top of a double boiler or melt in a metal bowl set over (but not touching) a saucepan of barely simmering water.
- Beat butter and both sugars in a large mixing bowl using high speed of an electric mixer. Beat in vanilla and golden syrup. When creamy, beat in eggs, beating thoroughly after each egg.
- Beat in the melted chocolate, scraping sides of bowl.
- Add flour mixture and chocolate chips, stirring until flour is blended in (do not beat).
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake on center rack of oven for 35 minute or until brownies appear set. Cool on a rack for 1 hour or until brownies are cool enough to transfer to the refrigerator. Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for 1 or 2 hours.
- Lift brownies from pan by grasping foil. Place on a cookie sheet and cut into squares.
- Makes 16 small or 9 large
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/04/fudge-brownies-with-golden-syrup/