|Peanut Butterscotch and Toasted Pecan Krispies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Rice Krispies held together in a matrix of peanut butter and butterscotch chips
- 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup toasted and chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups (slightly packed) mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan or an 8 inch square pan with nonstick foil.
- Mix the cereal, pecans and butterscotch chips together and set aside.
- In a 3 quart nonstick pan, melt the butter. Add the marshmallows and stir until they are melted, then stir in the peanut butter. Remove from heat and add the vanilla. Stir in the cereal mixture. Empty into pan and press down firmly. Chill the bars at room temperature for about half an hour. Lift from pan and score into 16 bars or squares.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/05/peanut-butterscotch-and-toasted-pecan-krispies/