|Almond Milk Chocolate Pudding |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 120 mins
Total time: 2 hours 10 mins
Chocolate pudding made with almond milk. For a vegan or non-dairy version, use a non-dairy spread instead of the butter.
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened natural style cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups Silk Pure Almond Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and/or almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon chocolate extract (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- Whisk the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt in a medium (2 quart) nonstick saucepan.
- Slowly whisk in the almond milk. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, whisking occasionally, until mixture thickens. It usually takes about 3 minutes, but I continue whisking for a total of 4.
- Set a sieve over a bowl and drain pudding into the bowl to ensure that there aren’t any lumps. Stir in the extracts and the butter. Pour into 2 serving bowls. Cover exposed area with a small sheet of waxed paper or parchment or plastic wrap, then cool slightly and chill until cold.
- Serve with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Cook time is actually chill time.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/05/almond-milk-chocolate-pudding/