Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 360 mins
Total time: 6 hours 20 mins
Lemon Supreme Pie One 9 inch baked pie shell (prepared as directed by recipe or package)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar (divided use)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4-5 drops yellow food coloring
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups whipped topping (divided use)
- Combine 3/4 cup of the sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan. Add water and whisk until smooth. Place over medium heat and cook, whisking almost constantly, until mixture begins to boil. Add remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar and reduce heat. Cook and whisk for 2 minutes or until mixture thickens and boils. Remove from heat and whisk in butter, lemon zest and lemon juice. Let cool for one hour.
- Prepare filling: Beat together 11 ounces cream cheese, powdered sugar and lemon juice. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread over bottom of baked pie shell. Spread lemon mixture over cream cheese mixture.
- Put remaining whipped topping in a freezer bag, snip of the corner and pipe dollops around the perimeter of the pie plate.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/04/lemon-supreme-pie/