|Chocolate Chip Cookie with Ground Granola |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
A chocolate chip cookie made with ground granola
- 1 1/4 (5 ounces) loose homemade granola
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (4.5 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toasted and chopped walnuts (optional)
- Don’t preheat the oven because the dough needs to chill.
- In a food processor, grind the granola into a fine meal. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and both sugars until light and creamy, scraping the side of the bowl often. Add the egg and vanilla and beat jut until mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until blended, then stir in the ground granola, chips and nuts.
- With a generously heaping tablespoon, scoop up balls of dough and arrange on a plate. Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight.
- Arrange on on ungreased baking sheet spacing about 2 ½ to 3 inches apart. Press tops down slightly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for about 12 minutes or until cookies appear brown around the edges and the centers look set. Let cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
If you don't have granola, just grind up some oats.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/06/cookies-made-with-ground-granola/