Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Thick, hearty, cookies made with ground granola. Pack them with chunks of chocolate or chocolate chips.
- 1 cup (4 ounces) granola
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (9 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups extra dark chocolate chips or 6 to 9 ounces chocolate chunks**
- 1/2 cup toasted and chopped pecans.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor, grind the granola as fine as you can.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and both sugars until creamy using an electric mixer. Add the egg and beat just until it is incorporated. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix your flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into the sugar mixture gradually. When blended, stir in the ground granola, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Using a generously heaping tablespoon, shape dough into large balls about 2 inches in diameter Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet spacing about 3 inches apart. Press down slightly so that the tops are flat.
- Bake at 375 for 12 minutes (check at 10) or until edges are lightly browned and cookies appear done. Let cool on baking sheet for about 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes about 16
For the chocolate chunks, take your favorite chocolate bar and cut it into chunks.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/06/thick-crumbly-chocolate-chip-cookies-with-ground-granola/