|Caraway and Rye Peanut Butter Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Peanut butter cookies made with rye flour and caraway seeds.
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5.6 ounces weight (about 1 1/3 cups) rye flour
- 2 teaspoons of caraway seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamy. Beat in the vanilla. Add the egg and beat just until it is mixed in, then beat in the salt, baking powder and soda. By hand, stir in the rye flour and the seeds. Dough should be very easy to handle – neither too dry and definitely not sticky. Hopefully you’ve weighed it with a scale.
- Roll the dough into about 24 balls using an even tablespoon. Arrange the balls 2 ½ inches apart on ungreased cooking sheets and with a fork, press to make the criss-cross pattern.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes or just until edges are browned. Remove to a rack to cool. Let cool completely before serving (they’re better cooled, in my opinion).
- Makes about 24
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/06/peanut-butter-with-rye-and-caraway-cookies/