|Ground Granola Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
A big, hearty oatmeal cookie made with crushed granola, toasted walnuts and chocolate chips
- 1 cup granola
- 1 1/2 cups (6.8 ounces) white whole wheat or Ultragrain or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 scant teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup very tightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup tightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted and coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, grind the granola until very fine. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add all 3 sugars and mix just until blended, then add the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Add the flour mixture by hand or using the lowest speed of a stand mixer. Stir in the oats, ground granola, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Shape dough into about 20 to 22 large balls of dough and arrange them about 3 inches apart on ungreased or parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 15-17 minutes or until edges are brown and centers appear set. Let cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to wire racks to cool.
Would like to try these with 1/2 butter and 1/2 coconut oil.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/06/ground-granola-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies/