|Applesauce & Agave Granola |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
A low oil granola recipe made with applesauce
- 2 1/3 cups (8 ounces) old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1 cup walnuts and/or pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seed kernels (pepitas)
- 2 tablespoons packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup light agave syrup (or another type syrup)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raisins, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, oat bran, nuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- To the oat mixture, add the applesauce, agave, honey, and coconut oil. Stir well.
- Spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 30 to 33 minutes, stirring every 10-12 minutes, until the granola is a golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely. It should crisp as it cools.
You can omit the oat bran and use 2 1/2 cups oats
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/06/applesauce-agave-granola/