Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Oatmeal peanut butter cookies with M&Ms or "Monsters"
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup regular or organic granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter (14 ounces)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup (2.25 ounces) regular or organic all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup white chips
- 1/2 cup mini candy coated chocolates (M&Ms)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F now, or wait and do it a little later in the process. The dough will need to sit for 30 minutes. Have ready two or three greased or nonstick foil lined baking sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the eggs, both types of sugar, baking soda, salt, maple syrup and vanilla. Stir in the peanut butter and melted butter. When mixed, add flour and stir until blended. Lastly, stir in the oats, all the different chips and the candies.
- Let the dough sit for 30 minutes so that the oats can absorb some moisture. At this point, you might also want to preheat the oven.
- Using a quarter cup measure, scoop up dough and arrange mounds about 4 inches apart on the sheets. Press the tops down slightly to flatten somewhat (you want even mounds rather than spheres). Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies appear set and lightly browned around the edges. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
The recipe is supposed to make 26 cookies, but I usually get 22-24.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/06/monster-cookies/