Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Granola recipe that uses quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed very well
- 2/3 cup assorted nuts, almonds, pecans and/or walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup unsalted pumpkin seed kernels (pepitas)
- 1/3 cup canola oil or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons mild molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil.
- In large mixing bowl combine oats, quinoa, nuts, coconut, and pumpkin seed kernels. Set aside.
- In small microwave-safe bowl or Pyrex measure, combine coconut oil, maple syrup, molasses and salt. Heat for 30 seconds in microwave. Remove from microwave, give it a stir, then add the vanilla.
- Slowly pour maple syrup mixture over the oat mixture and stir to coat.
- Spread oat mixture evenly onto pan. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown; stirring ever 10 seconds. Keep a close eye on it. When browned, take it out and let it cool. It will crisp as it cools. Don’t try cooking it until it crisps in the oven or it will burn.
- Stir in cranberries once the granola has cooled and crisped.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/06/granola-with-quinoa/