|Coconut Flour Chocolate Muffins |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Gluten free chocolate muffins made with coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons whole milk or coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 6 muffin cups with foil liners or grease using your preferred method – I used a little butter and dusted it with extra cocoa powder. Foil cupcake liners would probably be ideal.
- Mix the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, agave, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and stir until blended, then add chocolate chips.
- Divide batter between 6 muffin cups and bake for about 15 minutes or until muffins appear set. Let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then carefully remove from muffin cups.
Note: Since the recipe calls for baking powder and baking powder is acidic, I used Dutch process cocoa powder, which is alkaline. I thought the two might react better. If you use natural cocoa powder and baking powder, two acidic ingredients, you might get different results – maybe good, maybe flat. I have only tested with Dutch process cocoa (neutral) and baking powder (acid).
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/07/coconut-flour-chocolate-muffins/