|Mini Loaf Pan or Bar Pan Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 18 mins
Total time: 28 mins
An easy recipe for chocolate chip cookie bars baked in a 10x15 inch pan
- 4 oz unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (8 ounces) all purpose flour (Spoon and level)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup miniature M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a 9 count mini loaf pan or other mini bar cookie pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the softened butter and both sugars. Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the salt and baking soda and stir until well mixed, then gradually stir in the flour. Add the chocolate chips and M&Ms and stir until mixed. Using a generously rounded tablespoon (equal to a little over 2), divide the batter evenly among the loaf indentations. Spread the batter out with the back of the spoon. It doesn't seem to matter if it goes all the way to the edges of the pan, as the dough spreads as it bakes.
- Bake the cookie bars for 15 to 18 minutes or until they appear set, edges are brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then loosen edges with a butter knife and invert.
You can use any type of chips or candy, of course. Yield may vary and time may vary in accordance with what type of mini loaf pan or mini bar cookie pan you use.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/07/mini-loaf-pan-or-bar-cookies/