Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 240 mins
Total time: 4 hours 15 mins
A very good basic cheesecake recipe
- The Best Cheesecake Ever
- 1 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/3 cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 eggs
- Topping: Whatever you want to use to cover the crack.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Prepare crust. Mix crumbs, sugar, and butter and press into bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. (I like to line my pan with a 9 inch round of parchment).
- In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese just until smooth; slowly beat in sugar, scraping bowl often with rubber spatula. Add extracts, orange juice, cream, flour, egg yolks, and eggs; Stir until smooth. Do not beat the eggs, just stir them and try not to whip any extra air into the batter.
- Pour filling over crust.
- Bake cheesecake 12 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 300-degrees; bake 35 minutes longer. Turn off oven; let cheesecake remain in oven 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven; cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or until well chilled.
- When cheesecake is firm, with spatula, loosen pan side from cheesecake and remove cake from pan bottom; slide onto serving plate. Pour topping over center.
- If you used parchment, you can gently pull the cake onto a beautiful serving platter. Otherwise, just serve it off the pan bottom.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2005/12/the-best-cheesecake-ever/