|Veggie Burgers Made With Chickpeas and Walnuts |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
An easy veggie recipe using chickpeas and walnuts.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves or a pinch or two of powdered rosemary
- 1 (19-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leafed parsley
- 1/2 cup fine fresh bread crumbs (I chopped an English Muffin in the food processor)
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 large egg
- A pinch of salt and a few turns of the pepper mill
- Prep all the ingredients and lay them out.
- In a food processor pulse garlic, onion, and rosemary until chopped. Add chickpeas, parsley, and bread crumbs and pulse until just combined. Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in walnuts, egg, and salt and pepper, to taste, until well combined. Form mixture into four 3-inch patties. Chill patties, covered, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- In a large skillet (cast iron helps form a nice crust, but nonstick works too) heat oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking. Cook patties until golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Arrange burgers on a foil lined baking sheet and heat in a 350 degree oven for about 5 to 10 minutes or until ready to serve. You can skip this last step if you want, but it makes the burgers a little hotter, plus it gives you time to finish prepping all the other components of the meal.
These are great with roasted broccoli.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/07/veggie-burgers-with-chickpeas-and-walnuts/