Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 11 mins
A basic vanilla frosting recipe
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cup powdered sugar (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup room temperature half & half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and salt. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating with an electric mixer on low to medium low. Add a little of the half & half in slowly increase speed, beating and scraping.
- Beat in the vanilla and remaining half & half until you have a smooth & creamy frosting. Add more half & half if you’d like a thinner frosting.
Makes enough to frost one 2 layer cake
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/07/hey-there-chocolate-cupcakes-with-vanilla-icing/