|Dark Chocolate Cottage Cheese Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
A deep, dark, chocolate cookie with a surprise ingredient.
- 1 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (6.2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened extra dark cocoa powder, (Hershey's)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup extra dark chocolate chips
- A little powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cottage cheese for about a minute. Add the butter and both sugars and beat for another 2 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to low and add egg and vanilla, beating just until mixed.
- With a mixing spoon (or using the lowest speed of a stander mixer fixed with a paddle), gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon measure, scoop up dough and arrange balls of dough (they'll be sticky -- not perfectly round) on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake on center rack for 10 minutes or until cookies appear set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. After about 5 minutes or when the cookies are warm rather than very hot, sift some powdered sugar over them. This covers up the little flecks of cottage cheese.
Yield is approximate, but you should get between 24 and 30 cookies.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/07/dark-chocolate-cottage-cheese-cookies/