|Terri's Mom's Banana Nut Bread |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Dense and moist banana nut bread recipe from my friend Martha's friend Terri's mom.
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (my addition)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk or milk mixed with a little lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in a few drops of hot water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large mashed bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (9 ounces) -- weigh or stir and aerate before measuring
- 1/2 cup chopped and toasted walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat the butter and both sugars until creamy. Beat in the vanilla.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating until mixed. Beat in the milk, baking soda dissolved in water and the salt. When mixed, beat in the bananas, then stir in the flour. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour into the pan and bake on center rack for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/07/terris-moms-banana-nut-bread/