Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Thin and Chewy Oatmeal Cookies Adapted from Ann Hodgman
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, light
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 scant teaspoon salt (AH uses 1/4 tsp)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups Old Fashioned oats or quick cooking if necessary
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and both sugars with an electric mixer; beat in vanilla and eggs.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a separate bowl. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until blended. Stir in the oats, followed by the raisins.
- Using wet hands, shape the dough into equal (1 inch) rounds. Bake for 10-12 minutes (mine took 14) or until cookies are brown around the edges.
- Let sit on cookie sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to wire racks to Cool
- Makes 2 dozen
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/06/thin-chewy-oatmeal/