|(Almost) No-Bake Granola Bars |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
No-bake granola bars made with crushed cereal
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/3 cup extra crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cups puffed wheat/whole grain type cereal (Kashi) or Go Lean (see note)
- 1/3 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/3 cup toasted and chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 inch square metal pan with nonstick foil.
- In a large (3 quart) nonstick saucepan, combine the honey, corn syrup and peanut butter. Heat over medium until the mixture starts to boil, then boil gently for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in the cereal, cherries and nuts.
- Scrape mixture into pan and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for about 30 minutes, then lift from the pan and score (do not separate) into 8 bars. Let the bars cool completely.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/08/no-bake-granola-bars-2/