|Chewy Triple Fudge Brownies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Originally from Cook's Illustrated, Chewy Triple Fudge Brownies are not too cakey and not too fudgy. Make sure to use good quality chocolate for the best results.
- 5 oz semi-sweet chocolate (Scharffen Berger 70% Cacao Bittersweet) (290 grams)
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate (56 grams)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (114 grams)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar (245 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour (130 grams)
- Walnuts for top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line an 8 inch metal pan with nonstick foil or line with regular foil and spray foil with cooking spray.
- Chop the chocolate.
- Melt butter in a saucepan set over medium heat. When it's about halfway melted,add the chocolate, reduce heat to low and stir until chocolate is melted. Stir in cocoa powder. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt together in a mixing bowl. Whisk in the melted chocolate mixture. Add the flour and stir until blended. Pour into pan.
- If desired, place 9 walnut halves across the top. This is best for large brownies.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Let sit on a wire rack until completely cool.
- Chill thoroughly before slicing for neater brownies.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/06/chewy-fudgy-brownies/