Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 28 mins
Total time: 38 mins
Brownies topped with a mixture of condensed milk and chocolate chips.
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix (for a 9x13 inch pan)plus ingredients needed (oil, water, egg)
- 8 chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreos) -- optional
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup condensed milk, not the whole can
- 2 cups dark, extra dark or bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toasted chopped pecans for garnish (optional)
- Prepare the brownie batter as directed on the package, but add 8 to 10 broken chocolate sandwich cookies to the batter. Spread in a nonstick foil lined 9x13 inch pan. Bake for about 28 minutes or whatever the box of your preferred brand of brownie mix says.
- As soon as the brownies are done, combine room temperature butter, 1 cup of condensed milk, and chocolate chips in a saucepan. Turn heat to medium or medium low (low and slow is the way to go – don’t overheat the mixture) and stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Pour over the brownies. If desired, sprinkle toasted pecans over the top. Let cool and set.
- Lift from the pan and cut into 24 or 32 brownies
Instead of boxed brownie mix, use your favorite scratch recipe.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/08/fudge-topped-brownies/