Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 11 mins
An easy scratch chocolate frosting that calls for chocolate syrup
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup room temperature chocolate syrup
- 3 1/4 to 4 cups (about 1 box) of powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, cocoa powder and chocolate syrup. Beat on low speed with a handheld electric mixer until blended.
- Gradually add the sugar and a couple of tablespoons of the milk and the teaspoon of vanilla.
- Continue beating, adding milk as needed, until you get a smooth and glossy frosting.
If using unsalted butter, add a pinch or two of salt. I also recommend adding the powdered sugar gradually and taste testing after you've added the first 3 cups. You may not want all 4 cups.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/08/cake-mix-doctor-mixes-and-a-new-scratch-chocolate-frosting/