|White Chocolate Peanut Almond Blondies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
A blondie with the flavors of a Zero Bar.
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (5.3 ounces) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1/4 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups (6.8 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped lightly salted peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 inch square metal pan with foil and spray with cooking spray or line with nonstick foil.
- In a mixing bowl using high speed of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in the egg, almond extract and vanilla, beating just until mixed. Do not overbeat. With mixer still on low, beat in the salt and baking powder. With a large mixing spoon, gradually stir in the flour. When flour is mixed in, go ahead and add the white chips and the peanuts; stir until blended. The batter will be very thick.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and pat it down flat. Bake on center rack for 25 to 28 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Let cool completely (I like to cool and chill before cutting). Lift from pan and cut into squares.
If you don't have a scale, be sure to aerate (stir and fluff up) your flour before measuring. Using too much flour will result in dry blondies.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/08/white-chocolate-peanut-almond-blondies/