Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Scotcheroos made with Special K. You can also make them with the traditional Rice Krispies.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- About a cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups Special K Cereal
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet, dark or even milk chocolate chips (9 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cup butterscotch chips (9 ounces)
- Line a 13x9 inch pan with nonstick foil. For a half batch, use an 8 inch pan.
- a large (3 quart) nonstick saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup and heat just until mixture begins to boil and sugar starts to dissolve. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Stir until well blended, then stir in the cereal.
- Empty the mixture into the pan and press firmly. You may want to lay a piece of parchment or nonstick foil over the top to do this.
- Place chocolate and butterscotch chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on 50% power for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Alternatively, you can do this over a double-boiler. Spread over top of bars and refrigerate until chocolate is slightly firm. Remove from the refrigerator when set and return to room temperature (they are hard to cut when cold). Lift foil from pan and place on a cutting board. Cut into bars
Cook time is actually chill time
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/08/tracys-special-scotcheroos/