Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hour
Brownie recipe which is said to be the one used by Disney's Boardwalk Bakery
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted or salted butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt only if using unsalted butter, if using salted, use 1/4 tsp
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/8 cups unsweetened cocoa powder, natural or Dutch
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups (9 ounces) all-purpose flour
- Mini M&Ms and chocolate chips for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 inch pan with nonstick foil or parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attached, beat the butter, salt (if using), both sugars, cocoa powder, corn syrup and vanilla until well mixed, scraping sides of bowl often.
- With mixer on lowest speed, add the eggs one at a time, stirring just until mixed. Add the oil and stir until incorporated, then stir in the flour, scraping bowl. This takes some elbow grease because there's a lot of batter and it tends to stick to the bottom of the bowl.
- Spread the batter in the pan and bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 to 50 minutes or until brownies appear set.
- Sprinkle some M&Ms and chocolate chips over the hot brownies. They should melt a little and adhere. If not, you can drizzle melted chocolate over the brownies later and THEN add the toppings.
- Let cool at room temperature, then chill for at least 3 hours before slicing. I'm convinced brownies taste better the second day, but that's just me.
- Cut into 16 large or 32 small brownies. Store in refrigerator.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2012/08/disney-inspired-boardwalk-brownies/