|Wheat Free Hazelnut Brownies -- No Gums |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Wheat Free Hazelnut Brownies
- 5 ounces dark chocolate with hazelnuts
- 4 oz unsalted butter (8 tablespoons)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 rounded cup hazelnuts, processed into a fine meal
- 1/4 cup white or brown rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (regular will do – use slightly less)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup extra semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with non-stick foil or parchment
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter together in microwave or in a bowl set over simmering water.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer until frothy. Add the brown sugar and beat until smooth. Add the melted chocolate mixture to the egg-sugar mixture a little at a time and beat well.
- In a bowl, combine the nut meal, rice flour, salt and baking soda. Add the dry mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir until well mixed. Add the vanilla, beat another half a minute or so. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour into the lined pan.
- Bake on center rack for 33 to 35 minutes, or until the brownies are set. Don't overcook.
- Cool on a wire rack; and remove the brownies from the pan by gripping the foil edges. Chill before cutting.
- Makes 9-12 servings.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/06/wheat-free-hazelnut-brownies-no-gums/